nfs disk utilization in terms of stress

Hi,

I would like to know how to get disk utilization stats (like the one iostat gives - %util) from a nfs client.
With nfsstat -c I can get the read/write ratio but I am interested more in-terms of "stress".
For example
I would like to calculate the stress average by taking the delta of /proc/net/rpc/nfs between 2 time intervals and calculate percentages based on total rpcs "possible" rather the rpcs that occured in that interval.
i.e.
Even if only one rpc read call is made then based on nfsstat calculations it would show a 100% read but it does not mean that the mount point was 'fully utilized' in reading.

How can I know the max. rpc calls possible and then calculate the percentages based on this value.
Or is there any other way to get nfs "stress" stats.
I'm trying to tune the nfs load so that it operates at 80% utilization. How can I determine such stats?
We use nfs over tcp (2.4 or 2.6 kernel)

Thanks in advance
Rock

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/