Re: Accesing kernel space

spshahnawaz hussain wrote:
Hai All,

I am implementing SMTP packet filter.I have made one
blacklist using "link list" containg the ip addreses
of whose packets have to be blocked.This blacklist is
done in kernel module(kernel space).I want to give an
option to modify the linklist contents from the
user(Command line inteerface).How can it be done?
Plz. bail me out from this problem.

Thanks in advance for reply,

Regards,
shahnawaz

Although more experienced developers might frown on such hackery, ioctls used to add to, delete from, and flush the blocking table are one way to go. You can also set up a writeable file in /proc or /sys (on 2.6) that you can dump the list of IP addresses - either in bytestream or plaintext, and another file to write command strings to.

Jim