From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dhanashri Bhate
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:42
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Basic question about device driver

hi,
i know unix fairly well and good at C, but new to the linux environment.
I'm studying device driver development(kernel space). i'm refering the
linux device driver book by allessandro rubini.  which is quite good...
but still i'm having some problems in thoroghly understanding the basic
concepts!

someone pls answer this: how exactly a device address comes to the
driver? ( which will be used by copy-to-user/copy-from-user)

Thanks,
Dhanshri