suspending usb hard disks.

I run linux 2.6.9 from kernel.org. I have two hard disks -- internal FUJITSU
MHT2030AT and external USB (Nexstar, using ALi M5621 chipset, HDD is a Seagate
ATA 200GB ).

Using hdparm I can suspend the internal ide hard disk. But hdparm does not
operate on /dev/sda.

[root@turyx ~]# hdparm -C /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 operation not supported on SCSI disks

How can I suspend my USB hard drive? ALi does not give out data sheets to end
users. Can I send some scsi command to make it sleep? Or can I send some ATAPI
command directly to the drive through usb interface?

Regards,
Om.

--
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.
You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tuna fish.