Core dump question

I realize this really isn't a "kernel" question but I've received sooo
much help on this newsgroup I new you guys/girls would be able to help
me out.

I have an application that runs on a 2.6.10 linux kernel.  Every once in
a while (as does happen to the best of us) it crashes.

I need it to core dump to a certain directory when it crashes because
right now it core dumps into my ramdisk and when my server reboots
(because of the watchdog) I loose that core dump.

So, what I would like to know is two things:

1.  Does anyone know of a good library that I can build my app with that
I can do a quick stack trace and dump those results somewhere.

or

2.  Can someone tell me how to make the coredump happen in a "known"
good location.

Again, thanks for the help..

-stv