Re: how to increase the dmesg output (lines)

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 06:31:19PM +0530, Srinivas G. hit keys to express the following:

> Whenever I type the dmesg command at the prompt after loading my driver
> I am unable to see all my debug messages. I think there is a restriction
> in displaying the dmesg output.
> Where can I modify to get more lines of output of the dmesg?
>
> In vi editor I am unable to copy more than 50 lines at a time (using
> yank and paste commands).
> How can I increase this to more than 50 lines?
What are you trying to do with vi editor?
would you try
$ dmesg | vim -
And then save to a file using :w <filename>

<self_plug>
If you want to learn a little more about vim (and gvim) you can refer my article
series on linux gazette. http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/9167
</self_plug>
--
Advice to young men: Be ascetic, and if you can't be ascetic,
then at least be aseptic.