Re: Buddy "suspect" code in 2.6 series

Hi
On dt, 2005-02-08 at 04:35, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, pfreixes wrote:
>
> >    if (order == 0) {
> >    }
> >
> > I suppose that this new member of zone descriptors, pageset, is a list
> > of page frames with order 1 in cache, or page assimility per cpu,
>
> Order 0.
Sorry for my stupid error,:)

> > to increase performance, it's true ? cold is array of free pages per cpu
> > ? and hot is used pages per cpu ?
>
> Hot pages are pages where most of the data is probably still
> in the CPU cache, while cold pages are pages where the data
> probably isn't in the CPU cache any more.
Ok, but really cold array pages is use for track list of pages of order
0 allocated in L2 cache, and hot pages is a list of pages allocated in
L2 cache but they cannot be replaced in this moment

__rmqueue_bulk remove pages from buddy allocate for insert into cold
list pages, only if low watermark is greater of count of list. ok ?
and buffered_rmqueue use last page of this list for returning his @

and the questions are ?

1) this is really true ? and if is it true this is a mechanism to take
adventatge of L2 cache

2) if only work with order 0, why zone_init calculates batch ( order)
and not prefixed to 0 ?

Thks in advanced

Pau