questions on commandline partitions for NOR and NAND MTD fllashes on L inux 2.6

Hello,

With regard to this subject, I was referred to the
comment and example in drivers/mtd/cmdlinepart.c  .
It is still unclear for me from the comment and
example in drivers/mtd/cmdlinepart.c  - how I come up
with the:

 "<mtd-id>  := unique name used in mapping
driver/device (mtd->name)"

 such as "edb7312-nor" and "edb7312-nand" ...

is it a unique name, which I should entirely make up
on my own or else ?

Also speaking of the sizes for partitions: -
I suppose that for the NOR flash, the size info from
the commandline is processed together with the info on
the total size of the NOR flash, which is provided in

.config's CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN
- am I correct in my above conjecture ?

However, this leaves unexplained how the total size of
the NAND flash is derived, say for the given above
example: edb7312-nand:-(home). In this notation - it
merely refers to "all remaining space" (which in
particular example I think means: entire space of the
NAND flash - correct ?). So how the total size of the
NAND flash is derived ? (I do not see any .config
entry for this info with regards to NAND flash).

Thanks,
Alex

Now includes pop-up blocker!