Re: [LKG_INDIA] Bottom half query

--- tousanjay <tousanjay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
> In LKD book on page 67 under heading "Top Halves
> Versus Bottom Halves"
> it is written that:
>     "The bottom half runs later, at a more
> convenient time, with all
> interrupts disabled-..."
yes

>    Is the above statement correct? I guess the
> bottome halves run with
> all interrupts enabled.
but in the same paragraph, it is also mentioned **The
interrupt handler is top half--it is run immediately
upon receiving the interrupt and performs only the
work that is time critical, such as acknowledging
receipt of interrupt or resetting the hardware.**. i
suggest you provide support for your guess. that
should help us get a clearer understanding of the
issue