Re: How to read file in kernel module?

>There is *NO* Copyto_User. There are copy_to_user and copy_from_user.
>>>And anway, these are NOT a method of communication -- they are the
>>low-level mechanizm under some of them. The mechanizms available are:
>>1) Character device
2>>) ioctl on character device
>>3) procfs file
>>4) Netlink socket

See i think we are talking about kernel programming . What i mean to say is
that there is only two ways to  communiacte to user space . One through a
registerd read or write functions & other one through proc file system .
copy_to_user is used when
the user tries to read from the kernel space (usually its implemented
through  devices and proc files ).   And i am quite sure that we can read or
write to a file from kernel space using the internal file_read() or
XXX_write() functions .

regards,
shyam