regarding receving the ethernet packet

dear kernel brothers,
                  i am sending full details of my project.if you free
time, please give me the solution.

  project details :
             1)ethernet frame consists
                               1)preamble of 7 bytes,
               2)start frame delimiter of 1 byte,
               3)mac address of 14 bytes
               4)ip header of 20 bytes
               5)udp header of 8 bytes
               6)payload/data of 18 to 1472 bytes
               7)crc of 4 bytes
 2)now , i have to get the output of received ethernet packet
consists preamble is this, source address is this, destination address
is this, data is this, crc is checked.
 3)so i am trying to use netwotk drivers for this to receive the
etherent packet from linux machine.
 4)i am trying to use the existing kernel function . i  will add my
own function in kernel function
 5)the kernel function is /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/net/core/dev.c
 6)so i am compiling dev.c after adding my own function in dev.c
 7)particularly, i am using netif_rx function which is in dev.c
 8)i will recompile the whole kernel after modifying the kernel to
get my output.
 9)this is the way that i expected to print ethernet frame format

 10)if there is any other way to print this ethernet frame format
,please tell me.
 11)if this is only the way, please give further solution.

              thanking you,
regards and thanks in advance,
harikrishna.linga