Re: usb

Greg KH wrote:

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:54:24PM +0100, Claudio Fiorini wrote:

Hi,
I'm writing a sample usb module based on usb-skeleton.c.
I want use this module with my cellphone, motorola razr v3,
that has miniusb connection. Changing the PID and VID
to usb-skeleton and doing `cat /dev/skel0` only
when i recevie a call i get 'RING' on the console.
The phone has 5 MB of internal memory where are stored
different files(mp3, jpg, wav ecc...).
I need to know, if possible, where to start
to get access to pictures ecc... or read the text message
sent to me ecc.

Do you have the specs on the protocol the phone uses to talk over the USB connection? Without that, you will have to try to reverse engineer it somehow.

Good luck,

greg k-h

Thanks,
I tried to find out something on motocoders.com but nothing, I'll find out
another time later. I have the original software of the phone, but the problem
is that I tried using it with wmvare, but i got problems, because
the software has many .DLL files, so nothing.

Thanks,
bye

claudio

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/