From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of K S Sandeep
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:38 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Information abt creating a sample device driver

Hello everybody,

 i am new to device driver programming. I have created a sample hello
world!! program for 2.6 kernel and named the file as hello.c.

 i compiled it with Gcc as $gcc -c hello.c to get hello.o

then i tried isnerting the module as $insmod hello.o it gives me some
error messages saying that the module created is of invalid type.

 can i just do a normal compilation or do i need to create a makefile
and add some additional information into it.

Thanks in advance
sandeep