*From:* kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Anibal Ojeda
*Sent:* Tue 18/01/2005 12:47
*To:* kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* kernel patch for 2.6.10

Hi,

I'm not new to linux at all but new compiling kernels, after a lot of
reading i still have some question regarding the steps of patching my
kernel.
I have my kernel on /usr/src/linux
do i need to make mrproper fisrt and than aply the patch or can i just
patch on all the old files from my last compile kernel ? withou doing
make mrproper & cleaning evrything ? right now i always clean the the
source before patching because i don't know if  i'm messing things if i
don't do this.

The latest -ac patch <http://www.kernel.org/patchtypes/ac.html> to the
stable Linux kernels is:  *2.6.10-ac10
<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.6/2.6.10/patch-2.6.10-ac10.bz2>

*

--
Anibal E. Ojeda Gonzalez
Netland Internet Services BV

http://www.netland.nl  Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-6940350

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/