Re: Make Modules. Is it really needed??

Steve Iribarne wrote:

Ok so here is a good newbie question.

I compile my kernel with no modules.  At least none that I know of.  That is, when I do "make xconfig", everything in there is "checked" and doesn't have a "dot".  Then I transfer everything over to my flash disk and everything works.

Now, I don't think I need to do a "make modules" and "make modules_install" and then copy the /lib/modules-mykernversion onto my flash file system because I shouldn't have any modules.

Is my assumption correct?

Yes.

Also you can also uncheck the support for loading and unloading modules in the kernel
to be on the safer side with this all the default modules will become part of the kernel.
Regards,
Ashwin

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/