ld link script

Hi folks,

I have a question with regard to the vmlinux.lds found in arch/i386/
I was comparing the same file between the original kernel of 2.4.28,
redhat9.0 and mandrake9.2. I found that mandrake9.2 differs from the
other two greatly in that the .bss section is found in the middle of
the kernel stack while the same section is found at the end of the
other two.

Is it correct for me to say that it is inconsequential how the bss
section and the init code and data is being arranged? either one can
come first? Where can I find more about the reasons behind the
arrangement?

Many thanks for help!
--
cheers,