Re: trace kernel function

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:21:53 -0800 (PST), Alaios <alaios@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ne problem has arisen.... When i call  a kernel
> function the module crash... Do u know an easy way for
> tracing the execution?

Try out  the kernel debugger "kdb".  I have never used it but  should
be useful. Here is a slightly dated but good  article on it
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-kdbug/
btw, can't  simple printk statements inserted in the code solve your
tracing problem?
I am a kernelnewbie and just sharing my ideas, there may be other
better ways of solving your problem.

Shourya