RE: physical memory layout

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Khoo [mailto:khoohuit@xxxxxxxxx]

>Is the ending point of kernel image the address of _end symbol that
>can be found in System.map? Does the struct page map begins
>immediately after the kernel image ?

	Atleast for UMA systems like x86, the mem_map which is an array
of 'struct page' usually begins from ZONE_NORMAL (mostly 16 MB).

>I noticed that zone_mem_map address is lower than the address given by
_end.
>Shouldn't it be above the _end symbol ?

	AFAIK it should be above _end. The mem_map is created dynamically as
the
kernel comes up and does the memory management initialization stuff.

May be it is different in NUMA machines.