Linux VFS and inode numbers in the inode list

Hi,

Please help me with this question.

I was working with Certain NFS server implimentations which returns
64bit fileids. Linux seems to be converting these 64 bit file ids to
32bit inode numbers before storing it in the inode table (Inode
information is filled by lookup inode operation, which calls nfs_lookup,
which then calls nfs_fhget).

Because of this converstion from 64 bit to 32 bit, there could be
duplicate inode numbers in VFS inode list ( Do not doubt it, I have seen
it practically and bit difficult to explain, but it happens).

Will the system run in to some issues if there is duplicate inode
numbers ?.

As far as I know, all the access to inode list is through dentry cache.
So it should not be a problem, I guess. Is there any kernel functions
which purely works with inode numbers to locate the inode details from
the inode list ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Aboo