NMI handling

Hi,

As a real beginner in Linux kernel programming, I
would like to ask a question on how to handle the
NMI.
I?m writing a device driver where it is required to
catch and handle the NMI interrupt with my own
handler. It is running on a x86 arch, the kernel is
2.4.21.
Searching through this list, I found several messages
relative to the same topic. There seem to be 2
solutions that consist in either modifying the IDT to
call my own  handler or in modifying the do_nmi( )
function to call my own handler. I found the functions
set_nmi_callback( ) and unset_nmi_callback( ) in
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/nmi.h but could not find
any documentation on these. Can these be used to set a
NMI handler in the way I describe above ?
I guess request_irq( ) is irrelevant for NMI handling
?
Any help will be appreciated. Please CC me in the
answer as I am not subscribed to the list. Thanks
in advance.

Hien Thong

Vous manquez d?espace pour stocker vos mails ?