Re: Forground process and background process

Hello,

> But,
> There can also be a background user program. What happens on that case.
> eg,
> int main()
> {
>  scanf(...);
> }
>
> and i run it as ./my &

    Yeah i know what a background process is, but as told to you
before, it's a concept of shell and is not implemented by the
OS/kernel. By writing './my &' at the shell prompt, you are telling
shell to run my as a background process. The POSIX theory you refered
to doesn't refer to this kind of process as this process does have a
controlling terminal and can safely read/write from/to the terminal.