Re: signed/unsigned comparison warnings in kernel header files

Robert Love wrote:

I really like using -W, it keeps you strict and anal, but you won't get
far with it on in the kernel.

What good will that do? My code is 100% warning-free, but how do I handle warnings in the kernel header files themselves? I've been searching for an example of what to use instead of -Wall or -W, but everyone uses -Wall.

The strange thing is that when I look a the SuSE 8.2 root makefile, they also use -Wall!!! Why is it that when they use -Wall, they compile fine, but I don't? We're including the same header files.

Not only that, but the warnings are valid. The code that the compile complains about really is making a signed/unsigned comparison.

--
Timur Tabi
Staff Software Engineer