Re: orig_eax in user_regs_struct ?

Hi Love,

> We use segment registers, just not segments in the traditional x86
> segmentation sense.  You need to use them either way, and we also find
> other uses for them.

Although when we say that we dont use segments,we see that the GDT is
being intialized with the segment decriptors to the kernel code
segment.Kernel data segment,User code segment ,User data segment and
Task state segment etc.,
 by the kernel.So when we say that linux does not use segments,is it
because all the above mentioned segments overlap in linear address
space from 0-4GB. I am a kernel newbie do get me cleared in this issue
and correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Saravanan S