Re: scheduler question

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:35:30 +1000, Aboo Valappil <aboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, one important macro is "current" ( points to the tast_struct of
> the running process ) which is actually derived from the stack pointer

Being purely pedantic though...

It's actually a thread_info structure bolted on the end of the kernel
mode process stack in 2.6. This contains a pointer to the task_struct
for the process, which the current macro may use should there not be a
dedicated kernel mode register pointer for it. As Robert once had to
remind me, on PowerPC r2 is used for this pointer when the kernel.

Cheers,

Jon.