Re: DMA through PCI

jhoney jhoney wrote:
Hello All,

I have one requirement like, I have PCI Host and PCI Agent, the agent is sitting in the pci slot of the host .The Agent is ported with linux.
Now I want DMA the data from HOST to AGENT by AGENT through pci. could u pls let me know where i have to search for the routines for DMA using PCI.
You are asking something highly h/w dependent.
I will line out the basics here.
The host PCI controller should be configured in host mode and agent should be configured in option mode.
The host should program the option controller with a memory address range. How to do these things are dependent on the h/w though. You might required to generate PCI configuration cycles for this.
Once you enable the dma, you can simply refer the option controller address space as ordinary memory space and carry out the DMA.

Regards,
Om.