RE: Getting page usage info from /proc/slabinfo

> Hi ,
>
>   Is there any document which would explain the individual
> caches displayed in /proc/slabinfo .
> " man slabinfo " does not help .
>
> For example what does "size-8192" ,etc fields represent ?
> Are they the pages distributed by the buddy allocator ?

The "size-" fields are the one gets allocated by kmalloc(). It varies
from 32 bytes to 128K. These are the slabs for general purpose usage (
Not for any well known kernel structures ).  Other things in the
slabinfo are for well known kernel structures.