Re: Switching back to real mode -Please help

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:53:24 +1000, Aboo Valappil <aboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Basically I have a requirement of re-booting ( Without really rebooting
> ) the OS from the hard disk

What you want is the kexec() functionality of recent kernels to
replace the current kernel with another for whatever purpose. Please
let me know if this solves your problem, or if not what reason you
have for trying to do this so we can give you alternative solutions.

Jon.