RE: memory used by kernel?

  Thanks Gopakumar.

-> >  3. Does each and every kernel address mapped in every process
-> >     virtual memory (some where in between 3GB to 4GB). Even
-> >     when kernel does a kmalloc from interrupt context?
->
-> 	For any process, the PTEs that corresponds to kernel
-> mode addresses will be the same.

  My question was different. Yes. I know that, for every process,
  the PTEs that corresponds to kernel mode addresses are same.

  Can every kernel address be referenced from running process PTEs?
  Are there any kernel pointers in memory at fixed known locations
  which are not mapped to any process PTEs?

  In other words, is the mapping between kernel address and PTEs
  are iff (if and only if) relation (not just if relation)?

Thanks,
Venkata.