Obtaining property of block device.

Hello,

In kernel 2.4, there were global varibles that could
be accessed to find out the capacity, sector size etc.
of block devices.  In 2.6, these global variables does
not exist.  Can someone tell me how I can get the
properties (capacity, etc.) of block devices.  Is
there an API.  I would like to obtain these info from
within my driver (kernel space).

Can someone point me to some website that explains
this part in deatails.  I have read the article on LWN
on Driver porting to 2.6.

Thank you,
Ahmed.