using NMI watchdog for debugging "hanging"

Hi.  I'm preparing to use the NMI watchdog feature to do some
debugging.  To get ready, I've created a module like this:

  /* ... */
  int deadlock_init(void)
  {
  	local_irq_disable();
  	while ("I want to loop!")
  		;

  	return 0;
  }

  module_init(deadlock_init);
  /* ... */

I boot with these parameters:

  lapic nmi_watchdog=2 console=ttyS0,9600n8 console=tty0

I see nmi.c:check_nmi_watchdog is satisfied:

  testing NMI watchdog ... OK.

... and I can see the nmi count in /proc/interrupts increasing every
couple minutes or so.  I have a serial console going to another
computer.  When I load this module, though, I don't ever see any
debugging information on the screen or on the serial console.

Is there anything else I need to do?  I'm assuming that I should see
an NMI-watchdog-generated oops because of the infinite loop with
interrupts disabled.

--
  Ed L Cashin <ecashin@xxxxxxxxxx>