Problem in calling System call [sys_mknod] in Kernel Module.

Hi All,

I need to call sys_mknod from a module and I did the
following things in module

#define#define __KERNEL_SYSCALLS__
#define __KERNEL__
#define MODULE

#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/unistd.h>
#include <linux/ctype.h>
#include <linux/fs.h>

extern asmlinkage long sys_mknod(const char *name, int
mode, dev_t dev);

And when I try to call this systemcall, I do
sys_mknod(MYDEVICE_NAME,S_IFBLK|S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR,MKDEV(major_num,0));

in which major_num is obtained by calling
register_chrdev call.

The modules get compiled properly without any errors
but when I try to load module, it gives me an error :

./Chardev.o: unresolved symbol sys_mknod

The compiler couldnot able to find the function while
linking with Kernel.

Please guide me how to proceed further.

Regards
Dinesh