Help on sock pack option

Hi All,

I have enabled CONFIG_PACKET option in the snapgear kernel for IXP425
reference platform. I am trying to open a SOCK_PACKET and capture all the
ethernet frames coming on "ixp1" eth NPE. But i am not getting any packets
to my socket application. I have added few logs and i see the following
functions are being invoked.

* packet_rcv_spkt
* sock_queue_rcv_skb
* packet_recvmsg.

But then at what circumstansces the packet can not be delievered to the
socket application?..

Also i dont want the packets coming on the ethernet interface to be given
to the IP stack. Instead i want to capture all the packet by the
application. how do i do that?

Thanks
Vanitha