RE: library call in modules

On 1 Oct 2004 09:30:28 -0000, jhoney jhoney <jhoney_joney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gaurav,
>
> I think I can do in the kernel what evrer a library call does in the user space whenever required for testing.

Yes, But you need to write a seperate function for that. Some of then
are done e.g vsprintf, string functions etc.

> Can u tell why the library calls are not exported to the kernel.
>
> jhoney

Because most of the lib calls call to the system call. The Lib
functions that are very much nessary (eg string.h, ctype,
vsprintf()etc.) have seperate implementation in Kernel.
For eg open lib call uses sys_open in kernel. Moreover we should not
open files in Kernel like in User space.

regards manish