Re: how does kernel know?

Hello,
   But the registeration of the char device is done at the module
lp was'nt already loaded and was loaded AFTER the app. opened a device
file of the same major number used by the "lp" driver.

   I dont know what to say. At one hand, I am quite happy with the
fact that so many people are so willing to help me out but on the
other hand I am getting quite pissed-off by the fact that they dont
care to read my questions carefully and tell me trivial stuff I
already know. Please take this comment positively.