Re: Sharing of major number

Hello,
  I think I must clarify with examples. Lets say i develope a driver
for a particular printer device (call it X) and there is already a
driver for another printer that i have (call it Y). Now there are two
instances of two different printers connected to my PC: X and Y. As
these are different printers, they have different I/O interface and
therefore they need different drivers. But for user, they should be
accessible using the same device major number but different minor
numbers. So would'nt these two SEPERATE INDEPENDENT drivers share the
same major number? NOTE: i've taken the example of printer for the
sake of explanation.