RE: Measuring memory conumption of an application

You can also use top for this which gives you statistics on memory usage,
including total available memory, free memory,  used  memory, shared memory,
and memory used for buffers for a process. You can simply write one script which
uses "top" with some formatting to direct the memory usage information to one file
continuously once you start your application to be monitored and at the end you
yourself can make the graph using gnugraph and some others.

Thanks.
Sumit Sharma
IBM, Bangalore.