MTD Device Drivers.

Hi,
	I am going through the code for device drivers of MTD [Memory Technology
Devices] and found that code in "mtdblock.c" uses interface which is for block
devices [like register_blkdev(), blk_init_queue() etc], but there is one mor folder
inside it named "devices" [drivers/mtd/devices] where there are some drivers for
doc1000, doc2000 and doc2001 etc. But here the interface used for implementing
driver is totally that of MTD devices only [like inter_module_register(),
inter_module_unregister() etc].

Can anyone please tell me why is it like this ?
Is it something like that mtd devices drivers can be written as block device as well
as mtd device... Actually if you see mtd device is also a block device, for example
if you check with the hardware details of "Disk On Chip Pro" [mtd device] you will
find an IDE interface and its driver can be written as that for block device driver...

Anyone please help me...

TIA.

Sumit Sharma
IBM, Bangalore.