Re: RE: how to mask and ack irq

On 22 Sep 2004 03:37:09 -0000, sanjayk <tousanjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we have made a call to local_irq_disable, does the processor ignores "timer interrupt" as well i.e is timer interrupt a maskable interrupt.

All interrupts are maskable except for NMI and these only tend to
occur on Intel when really interestingly bad things happen (hence the
non-maskable nature). If you leave interrupts off for a while then the
kernel will need to catch up with its timers and timer tick related
stuff on the next time we go around and get another timer interrupt
(frequency varies by arch/platform).

Jon.