Re: I/O bound process favoured ???

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:54:35 -0400, Robert Love <rml@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is all explained in the book, in later paragraphs.  Keep reading.

I'm surprised he didn't already realised this given that his quote
comes from page 32 of chapter 3 (Scheduling) and you cover the sleep
time issue shortly thereafterwards and in particular on page 41. There
are a number of points I mailed to Robert about the book however Amith
should note there's a typo in timeslices on page 42 when he comes to
it.

Robert explains this very well and in fact the whole book is just
great. I think I've only obsessively read it 4 or 5 times now...that's
not a problem at all...but I know the page numbers reasonably well by
now ;-).

Cheers,

Jon.