IrDA: IrLAP no activity

Title: IrDA: IrLAP no activity

Hi guys,

It is regarding Negotiation for bandwidth between two IrDA device.

I have written the driver for IrDA on Linux 2.4.20, and I am trying to communicate with a USB-IrDA Dongle on Windows.

I am getting the Rx and Tx Interrupts, but there are few problems:

1. I never gets any request from the upper layer to switch to the higher baud-rate. IrDA operates on 9600 only.

2. during initial communication, the Linux IrDA device gets no Tx interrupts. It seems, upper layer didnt transmit anything in response

    to the received packets. I keeps getting Rx Interrupts though.

3. I get some warning messages :

IrLAP, no activity on link!

IrLAP, no activity on link!

IrLAP, no activity on link!

4. after some time, I can see that linux shows the discovery, but it is not ping to the daddr.

Any links would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiv Kumar Garg

Senior Software Engineer

System LSI Division

Samsung India Software Operation

3/1 Millers Road, Bangalore

Phone: +91-80-51197777 ext 2080

email: shivg@xxxxxxxxxxx

Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it