Interrupt Handling

In kernel source where can I find the code which actually identifies the IRQ number by reading the APIC mask and status registers.

I am actually tracking the Interrupt handling code (from lowest level to higher level) of kernel, just for learning, can somebody help.

Also if someone knows about some good low level online article or tutorials on Interrupt handling in Linux kernel, please do send me the link to it. I have been reading the LDD2 (Rubini’s book), but that book talks till a particular level. It tells you about some specific functions in Kernel using which you can request, register or handle interrupts for your device, but it does not talk in deep about interrupt handling mechanism at the lowest level of kernel.

Also please do let me know current Rubini’s mail id, as I think he can clear lot of doubts about interrupts.

Regards,

Gaurav