Send information from kernel to user

Hello,

  I'd like to write a program to that log information
when a process is forked and when it is terminated.
It's just for learning, it's not very useful. To
achieve this, I want to pass the information from the
kernel to my user application when a fork() and an
exit() occur. I think to add some code in the
copy_process() that will put information in a buffer
that can be access from user space.

  My question is the following: is a buffer a good
solution to do this? I've heard about things like
kevent or relayfs. Are they a good solution if we want
to communicate information from the kernel space to an
application on specifics events like do_fork() or
do_exit()?

  Thank you in advance for showing me the light :)

Best regards,
Patrick.

Vous manquez d?espace pour stocker vos mails ?