Re: Determining which kernel functions are exported

Greg KH wrote:

Your driver should never do this.  Please change your code to use the
proper in-kernel calls instead.

We've been through this before, Greg. There are no in-kernel calls that do what I want. In fact, there already is a driver in the kernel that does the same thing I do: drivers/infiniband/hw/mellanox-hca/mosal/mosal_mlock.c. Granted, for the 2.6 kernel, they #ifdef'd their code out and now require CONFIG_KALLSYMS, but I can't expect our customers to have that enabled.

Now, I'm no expert on the Linux VM, but I haven't been able to find a alternative to what mosal_mlock.c is doing, and since my hardware is Infiniband-like, I need to do the same thing. And since this code has been in the kernel since 2.4, I guess there really isn't a solution.

(Update: I just checked lxr.linux.no, and it appears that drivers/infiniband doesn't exist in any kernel version, so the distributors must be adding it. I guess if it's good enough for Red Hat and Suse, then it's good enough for me).

--
Timur Tabi
Staff Software Engineer