Re: problem with audio in kernel 2.4.18

Cristina Rivera wrote:
Hello everybody,

I've two kernel versions installed in my computer and actually working, the first one, 2.4.20-8 works ok with my sound card, I mean that linux detects it automatically and I can play cd's and listen to them, but with 2.4.18 when I execute the program that detects the sound card it doesn't recognize my sound card and it also says that I haven't some drivers. Another detail is that when I boot with this version of the kernel I get two errors related with the sound card.

And what would those errors be? Otherwise we can all just speculate...

Do you know what can be happening?

Maybe support for your card was added after 2.4.18 kernel, maybe your 2.4.18 kernel is not using correct modules for snd card, maybe ...

I think you should try newer kernels - 2.6.x - instead trying ancient ones ;)

regards,

Hinko Kocevar, developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]