Re: IP address in the kernel ?

I don't know much about network, but I'd expect that it's responsability from the network adapter itself.

	Luciano

amith wrote:
hi all,
where in the kernel code is the checked , to verify that the incoming packet is for the recived host ?
i would appreciate if someone could point me to that peice of code in the kernel. i checked the kernel sources /net directory but dont have an idea where to go and look for it.

# strace ifconfig eth0 192.168.3.25
also didnt take me anywhere.
i see some ioctl's being called finally.....but they dont mean anything since they look the same no matter whichever ip i change to .
it seems to me that, the current ipaddress stored in some data struct (variable) in the kernel , is it so ?
please let me know.

thank you.

cheers,
Amith