Re: Re: How to configure hugepage support ?

Thanks for the help.
I have compiled the kernel with those 2 supports, but I don't see any attrubute file
inside "/proc/sys/vm" named "nr_hugepages". What I can see there is
"hugetlb_pool" file and when I do :-

$ echo 64 > /proc/sys/vm/hugetlb_pool

I can see that no of hugepages has been modified :-
$ cat /proc/meminfo

HugePages_Total:   32
HugePages_Free:    32
Hugepagesize:     2048 kB

But whenever I try to open a new file after mouting hugetlbfs by this :-

$ mount -t hugetlbfs none /mnt/hugepages
Now, if I open a new file say "Test.txt" it says that "Write error in swap file" and if I
try to save the file after writing into it something, it says "Write error : file system
full".
Similarly, if you try to get a shared memory segment with SHM_HUGE flag, it
successfully returns segment id, but fails while attaching the segment it says
"Invalid argument". Same is the case while using mmap call.

Can you throw some light on these issues ?

Thanks in advance.

Sumit.