Re: IO with multiple scsi adapter

I think its possible. Using the fairness algorithm for arbitration the adaptors can be decided. As you told two adaptors are connected to a single SCSI disk, in otherway two SCSI bus interfaced with the same SCSI disk. So I/O operation is possible. The main processor will decide on which bus data is to be transmitted(i.e who should take control of the bus) to the disk and accordingly as per the algorithm the adaptor will be selected followed by the same SCSI bus..

cheers
debarchan

sanjayk <tousanjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

If there is a system with a scsi disk and two scsi adaptar,
then is it possible to perform IO operation on the same
scsi disk using both the adapter.

To my understanding:
*Each Scsi Adapter(HBA) can control one or more SCSI buses.
*Each Scsi bus can have multiple SCSI devices connected to it.
i.e a single scsi adapter control all the devices connected to
a single bus.

please correct me if i am wrong.

TIA
sanjayk