Re: Paging Queries

Hi,
--- Preetham <pdn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Prasann,
>                         I would like to know if each
> and every process
> created on the system would use paging?
>>Yes definately.
> I also wanted to know how the addresses are mapped
> when a process is
> created?
>>Each process has given all 4GB address space(in case
of 32 bit processors,these all are called virtual
address,this is called flat addressing from the fact
that segmentation is disabled(in the sense the base
address of all segments are 0)
Each process structure got mm_struct memory descriptor
which points to VMA's(Virtula memory area) the memory
maps in which process has permission to
read/write/execute see cat /proc/pid/maps..and more
You read it in the Docs provided in directory
linux/Documentation.And Rather ask for difficulty in
case you won't understand.