Re: Paging Queries

prasanna wakhare (prasannawakhare@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> hi,
> Do u want to say that the address in yr example
> program
> go through tha page table?
> if yes then i would clear you that each and every
> address issued by processor always  go through
> page tables,(forget about cache etc ),
> becoz linux and every modern OS enables paging at very
> start when it starts in real mode(X86) ,
> I think you can find the code of enabling the paging
> bit(I think in CR0)

%CR0 : enable paging
%CR3 : page table pointer

see : arch/i386/kernel/head.S (as you say)

> register in head.S in linux,in which processor
> switches
> from direct address to page table addressing
> (forget about segmentation again u wont disable in intel processors )

What do you want to say about segmentation ?? :o(

--
Amicalement/Regards

Christophe Lucas - c.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxx - Registered User #271267

 * GNU/Linux developer/network administrator
 * Membre du RotomaLUG (LUG de la région Rouennaise)
   (http://www.rotomalug.org)
 * http://odie.mcom.fr/~clucas/