Re: PAGE Size Change

I think, you can not make page size 1MB. Although you can make it 4MB by setting Page Size Extension(PSE) bit in cr4 register. But it will disturb all the page table and related data structures.

Regards
Mohanlal

> Hi !!
>
> Is it possible to change the page size in Linux. I want a page size of 1MB
> for some application.
>
> How to change it and what are the implications of this?
>
> Working on Linux 2.4 and ARM processor.
>
> TIA
> Regards
> Ketan

Hi,
The size of the page is highly dependent on the architecture. First make sure ARM support 1MB pages (i dont knopw about ARM). In case of i386, it supports 4KB , 2MB and 4MB pages. Linux uses 4K pages. But it is quite difficult to change because the page table structure will diffrer and you also need to change Virtual to physical mapping. I really dont know how.

regards manish

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/